Mitsubishi GOT2000 Series for use under extreme conditions
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation has announced that its Graphic Operation Terminal GOT2000 Series, a type of human-machine-interface (HMI), would add a Rugged Model to enable workers to monitor, operate and adjust machines that operate under extreme conditions, including very high temperatures, extra-bright lighting, strong vibrations or shock, and high water pressure.
1) Extra robustness and visibility for use under extreme conditions
- Aluminium front panel for strong resistance to vibration and shock (more than double that of GOT2000 Series standard models).
- After installation the front panel is rated at IP66/IP67*, allowing it to be washed down with high- pressure water
- Withstands extreme ambient temperatures from -20°C to +65°C compared to 0°C to 55°C for standard models.
- Wide 7-inch TFT screen (WVGA: 800x480) with 65,536 colors for impressive displays.
- Improved screen visibility and extra outdoor durability (approx. 95% UV resistance).
* Level of ingress of foreign bodies as defined by International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC): The first digit following IP is the resistance to solid objects, from fingers to dust, the second digit is the waterproof level, and the last F means oilproof (IPx6F: withstands strong water jets, IPx7F: withstands temporary immersion in water).
2) Multiple communication interfaces for IoT worksites
- Built-in Ethernet communication interface (Ethernet 2ch) for IoT integration.
- LAN module (optional) for wireless communication with PCs.
3) Various functions to help reduce total costs and improve productivity
- GOT mobile function** to visualize overall state of facilities in real time using one or more remote devices (PCs, tablets, etc.) to reduce total costs at production sites.
- Audible warning function to help shorten downtimes and prevent misoperations.
** Requires optional license (GT25-WEBSKEY)
Purpose of Launch
Human-machine-interfaces (HMIs) are used at many production sites to display/monitor the operational data of production facilities and to operate/adjust equipment. Mitsubishi Electric’s GOT2000 HMI product line, first released in 2013, has been broadly adopted by manufacturers of semiconductors, flat-panel displays, and automotive and electronic devices. HMIs are also increasingly being used in outdoor locations such as parking lots, construction sites and mines, applications that require extra-robust and sturdy designs for use under extreme conditions. The new GOT2000 Series Rugged Model is designed to withstand extreme conditions in a wide range of categories, including operating temperatures, brightness, UV resistance, vibration, shock and water ingress.
- Contribution to Environment
- Helps save energy at production sites by improving productivity.
With nearly 100 years of experience in providing reliable, high-quality products, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation is a recognized world leader in the manufacture, marketing and sales of electrical and electronic equipment used in information processing and communications, space development and satellite communications, consumer electronics, industrial technology, energy, transportation and building equipment.
Hazlewood Chris, Factory Automation Systems Group, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
Tel: +81-3-3218-6513. Email: Chris.Hazlewood@eb.MitsubishiElectric.co.jp